Thursday, September 20, 2007

Never Say Never....

So much spice today, so little time kids!! Seriously, I dont even know where to start.

Get comfortable on the couch, here we go!

So todays musings come courtesy of McDonald's. Yes, you heard me correctly, McDonald's. As in, the folks responsible for Beyonce's "hit" Bootylicious (as she is an admitted MccyD's addict), and as in how happy will that meal really feel when theyre wheeling you into the OR for quadruple bypass surgery?! Yeah, thats the real reason that EFFING clown smiles so much. Hes smiling and laughing all day, all the way to the bank, baby!

But, I digress...

So todays post comes to you courtesy of McDonald's, and no not because they are sponsoring this. In fact, its kinda the other way around. This week, *I* have been sponsoring McDonalds!! I know, Im as shocked as you are.... In fact, I cant even think of the last time I frequented a McDonalds for something even as trivial as to use the bathroom, let alone to obtain sustinence...

But, this week, I have actually gone to McDonalds 3 times. Dear God, this is madness! It sounds so much worse to me when I actually say it out loud. I went to McDonald's 3 times this week!!

DONT LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT!

So, the first time, I went through the drive-thru because I was STARVING, and I had seen a commercial earlier that morning for that fruit and yogurt parfait. Being that McDonalds was right there, and I only had $1, I figured it was my best option. Fruit, yogurt, and some granola.... not such a bad alternative to the other things usually on the dollar menu.

Two minutes later, I hand over my $1.08 scraped up from the floor of my car, and the nice lady hands me the parfait. At this point I am famished, so I didnt even really wait to get home to try it; it looked harmless enough to be edible. So I take a bite and OMG! It was so good, it bordered on euphoric. It was like an explosion of taste in my mouth, and I could almost hear the tune "Afternoon Delight" playing in my mind.... kinda like that scene from Anchorman, but decidedly less silly. Hahaha.

Tuesday rolls around, and I am once again in my car, working through lunch. The familiar pangs of hunger come, but this time I instantly want another fruit parfait. Feeling a little bit guilty, I wait another half hour before giving into the unbearable urge to have McDonalds again. This time, I ordered and was skeptical. I wasnt nearly as hungry as the last time, maybe it was just so good because I was starving...

Sadly, I was wrong. This time, I distinctly heard "Afternoon Delight" playing in my mind.

Today, was my third offense, but this time.... I got the BIG one. They are so damn good!! I think I have a problem. Seriously, I am fiening for one right now as I type this post...

So whats the point of this whole story? Besides turning something as mundane into going to McDonalds into good entertainment?

Never say NEVER!!

I generally am pretty good at abiding by this rule myself, because I am a big believer in the premise that you can never truly rule anything out, and this is a prime example. I actually have a few others, but I think Ill leave it at this for now.

Never say "NEVER" kids! Because the day that you say "I would NEVER __insert what youd never do here___", is the day before you wake up, knee deep in "__whatever__".

Trust me, I know about these things, and Im not just talking parfaits either. Ill let you all draw your own speculations on that... after all, you know the reputation of the couch...

Have a good night kids! Catch ya later.

No comments: