Friday, April 4, 2008

Dichotomy, Unapologetically

I am a very practical person, but I think life is too short to wear plain cotton underwear- especially white ones.


I am pretty low maintenance, but rarely go out of the house without cleaning myself up a bit. Frankly I believe that one should take care of themself, and this includes taking pride in the way one looks.


I look like a prissy girly girl who only eats salads, water, and air, but I can probably put down as much food as you can, and I can definitely eat my weight in sweets!


I believe everyone deserves a little grace, but cant stand those who continually see fit to skate by with "just good enough".


I admire those who live their lives to a higher set of standards morally and otherwise, but I do not look down on those who do not. Ya know, that whole glass houses thing...


I have a very serious side, but prefer to only pull it out at work, or in case of dire emergency. Life is just too short to be serious all of the time.


I am a very polite and nice person, but tend to tease my friends and family frequently. You can usually tell if I dont like you if I leave you alone. You may think its because I am shy or quiet, but in all honesty its simply because I do not want to take the time and effort to think up a witty zinger to tease you with.


I am very much an extrovert, and almost always prefer to be around other people, however I value my time to myself.


I am very neat and meticulous, but I cant seem to ever fold all of my laundry each week.

I hate reading bad writing, but I cant be bothered to ever punctuate anything I write- I know how, but feel such an expenditure of time on literary pomp and circumstance might hinder the thoughts which flow from my mind...


I love intelligent conversation and debate, but cant stand the type of people who are prone to fanatical and frequent conspiracy theories such as I got my coffee refilled first because the waitress is a Republican subversive who is merely trying to snub you because you carry around a copy of Michael Moore's "Dude Wheres My Country?" like a Bible.


I come across often as very self-assured and perhaps even times cocky, but am my own worst critic. Dont get me wrong, I dont really care what anyone else thinks about me (well, except for my family and close friends), but I care about how *I* _____ (do at work, look, present myself, etc., etc.).


Reading over this I think perhaps this is what Daisy was talking about when she said that I am an "eccentric" individual...

I guess I prefer to look at it as Dichotomy.....

Unapologetically.

No comments: