Sunday, October 21, 2007

Its Been a While...

Wow! So, its been a while since Ive blogged!

I actually didnt even realize it had been so long until just now. But, you know how it is. Dealing with all of the fan mail and the paparazzi and all... Its not easy being internationally adored.

Why, just the other day I even got solicited by 4 lawyers in a Mercedes AMG. (Sigh) The price of fame isnt cheap.

JK! Except, that Mercedes thing actually happened to me on Thursday!

It was pretty funny. I was leaving an appointment with a client in Irvine, and was leaning over to try to make sure a left turn was indeed going to take me to the freeway, when I noticed the car next to me. It was a very nice, expensive,
Mercedes Benz S65 AMG filled with 4 youngish-looking lawyers. I looked over, only to see them all smile at me, and wave, as I realized they must have thought I was looking at them. The fact that all 4 of them looked so excited over the whole thing made me laugh and shake my head.

As I snapped back to my reality, I waiting for the light to change, as I thought about what I needed to do when getting back to the office. I thought about the email I needed to send to this customer, and the samples I needed to order for that customer. And I agonized over the thought of the.... WTF?!! Who is HONKING?! The loud blaring of a horn interrupted my thoughts, and I became mildly annoyed. The light is RED, there is nowhere I can go, who keeps (HONK, HONK!!)

Suddenly, I knew where the honking was coming from, and looking over to my immediate left confirmed my suspicions. It was infact my friends in the Mercedes. Apparently now that they had seen me laugh a mere second ago, I guess they thought that at least one of them might have a chance. If not so much for their boyish good looks (hahaha), then most certainly because of the fact that they were rollin to lunch at the Souplantation in a $200K car.

And, they werent merely just honking their increasingly annoying loud horn, 2 of them were hanging out the window. Seriously, WTF?! This is Irvine, CA. You have to have a permit from the city in order to paint your office a different color than taupe- seriously not much of an exaggeration. But, there they were, at 1210pm on a Thursday- hanging out the window of their exorbiantly priced German poon mobile. The overzealous younger guy in the backseat was trying to hand me his business card, while the balding guy riding shotgun had out his Mont Blanc pen and a legal pad(true story), so he could write down my phone number.

What did I do? I realized they were driving a $200K MERCEDES people and I took the better looking guy's business card!! Good Lord, I dont want to live at my parents house for the rest of my life!!

Just kidding. I smiled and laughed at them, waiving thanks but no thanks to them. Sure it was a little flattering, but I had bigger fish to fry that day. Besides, I can tell you what wouldve happened:


The Mercedes actually belongs to the Sr. partner of the law firm, who is Mr. Mont Blanc's daddy. The other 3 guys in the car are corporate brown nosers, who are just trying to ride Mr. Mont Blanc's coat tails, by being his friend. They have no real interest in him as a person. This is mostly due to the fact that he doesnt really have much of a personality to speak of, but thats what happens when you are raised by a nanny and sent to pricy private schools where they give out awards for the kids who *almost* made the *2nd* honor roll. (Seriously, they do that now).

And add to all this the fact that Mr. Mont Blanc is actually 23. That right there is enough for me to automatically disqualify any candidadte, regardless of how handsome, witty, or rich he may be. Even worse is the fact that he is only 23 **and** balding already. While our specimen does still live at home with his parents, and I cannot disqualify him for that because of that whole glass houses thing, and too, because his parents digs are much nicer than where I am currently crashing, I must remind you that, hes 23...

And BALDING. (And not in the way that actually looks sexy on some guys)

And works for his daddy.

And his mommy still washes his clothes....

The verdict?


Yeah, not so much.

So, while the rest of my week was decidedly less entertaining than this, it has been incredibly busy. Anyone who is a praying man or woman, say a quick one for me! The bigger fish to fry I mentioned in the story here is about to hit the pan tomorrow morning. Ill let y'all know how it turns out. And, coincidentally, if you are not of the praying persuasion, send positive thoughts and vibes my way!! Or, I dunno, maybe try out a quick little prayer. You dont believe in it anyway, so whats the harm? It just shows you care about me, and in the end, thats all anyone ever really wants, isnt it? To know their friends and family loves and cares about them, even if we dont agree on everything?

Nitey Night!

No comments: